Launched in November 2003, the Annual Awards aim to promote the responsible behaviour of business in Bulgaria. The main objective of the Awards is to give credit to companies with remarkable record in the field of corporate social responsibility and encourage other business representatives to start or further develop socially beneficial activities. The Responsible Business Awards are national and companies across the country, regardless of their size and industry and whether they are BBLF members or not, can be nominated for them.
The Awards are granted in seven categories:
- Investor in Community promotes leaders in implementing responsible business practices that benefit long-term social development and well-being.
- Investor in Environment recognises the achievements of companies that are active in implementing environmentally friendly policies and products.
- Investor in Human Capital and Working Conditions acknowledges the successes of companies, which strive for sustainable development through encouraging the continuous professional growth of their employees and that perform practical steps for improving the working conditions for their employees.
- Investor in Education praises the efforts of companies who work with zeal and determination to fill in the gap between theoretical knowledge and practical application in the Bulgarian educational system. In addition, those companies work towards improving the qualifications of young people and helping the scientific and research activities.
- Award for Cause-related Marketing is given to a company that promotes its products or services and at the same time declares its support to a cause. The support could be monetary - percentage of a product cost for example, but also can be expressed in spreading a good message related to a cause among all clients at large. Thus, consumers not only join the company in its socially responsible behavior, but they can also learn more about the needs of society.
- Best Social Policy by a Small or Medium-Sized Enterprise.
- Diversity@Work Award celebrates the companies thatimplement policies of equal treatment and diversity and implement inclusive practices in the workplace. The category is introduced in 2021 by Diversity Charter Bulgaria, a joint initiative of the Bulgarian Business Leaders Forum and the Centre for the Study of Democracy that aims to encourage social inclusion in the workplace.
The ENGAGE Special Award is granted to one amongst all nominated projects in all categories. The recipient is chosen by the International Business Leaders Forum and the main criterion is the level of employees’ involvement in the accomplishment of a project or the degree of employee contribution to social causes.