Best of Show and a golden victory for Katarzyna Reserve 2017 at one of the three most prestigious world wine competitions – Mundus Vini Summer Tasting 2021! Golden medals were a......»
In support of the Windows 10 launch Microsoft is starting a worldwide yearlong initiative. It is called Upgrade Your World and aims at supporting people and organisations which inspire the others; it is based on Microsoft vision to empower people and organisations to achieve more.
Microsoft will partner with 10 global and 100 national nonprofits to tell the inspiring stories of how they are “upgrading the world” by addressing pressing issues such as poverty, HIV, education, humanitarian relief and the environment. Total amount of billion will be donated for supporting their causes all over the world.
Nine of these organisations have already been selected:
• Save The Children – An international organisation that promotes children's rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries.
• CARE - An international humanitarian agency delivering emergency relief and long-term international development projects.
• Keep a Child Alive (KCA) – KCA brings dignified treatment, care and support to children and families affected by HIV.
• Code.org – A nonprofit dedicated to expanding participation in computer science by making it available in more schools, and increasing participation by women and underrepresented minorities.
• Special Olympics – The world's largest sports organisation for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, providing year-round training and competitions to more than 4.5 million athletes in 170 countries.
• The Nature Conservancy – A member driven organization that protects Earth's natural resources and beauty.
• Pencils of Promise (PoP) – PoP builds schools and increases educational opportunities in the developing world.
• Malala Fund - A non-profit organization led and inspired by Malala Yousafzai to empower girls through quality secondary education.
• The Global Poverty Project (GPP) - GPP is an international education and advocacy organization working towards the end of extreme poverty by 2030.
The 10th organisation will be crowdsourced among the public and will receive a 0 000 donation and Microsoft technologies. People around the world are welcome to tag the global NGO which they prefer using #vote and #UpgradeYourWorld via Instagram or Twitter. The only condition is that the NGO should be global, in other words, operating in more than one country. On 1 September the cause that attracts the majority of the votes will be announced.
In September, Microsoft will initiate a crowdsourcing campaign to identify and select 10 nonprofits who are upgrading their communities in 10 countries (for a total of 100 nonprofits), including Australia, China, France, Germany, India, Japan, Kenya, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Microsoft invites people around the world to participate not only by voting, but also by sharing their own pictures and videos on how they #UpgradеYourWorld in the social media.
In celebration of the Windows 10 launch, Microsoft employees around the globe will be given a day off to volunteer with a local nonprofit organisation to upgrade their community by participating in a community service project of their choice.
Video about the initiative here: http://windows.com/upgradeyourworld.
More about Upgrade Your World here: http://www.windows.com/upgradeyourworld