2020 was unexpected and challenging for all. But it is in times of crisis that true leaders stand out. Led by this belief and its strong social responsibility, in 2020 L’Oreal was among the first companies to take actions towards transforming its operations to support the fight against COVID-19. The company launched a Europe-wide Coronavirus Solidarity Program, including in Bulgaria. In 2020 Over 70% of L’Oréal’s plants worldwide started manufacturing hand purifying gels, as over 40% of those units were donated free-of-charge to stakeholders at the front-line like hospitals, care homes and pharmacies.
Project Target Group
The project is targeted at all stakeholders at the front-line of the fight against coronavirus, included but not limited to:
- hospitals, care homes and pharmacies at the front-line in striving to curb the propagation of coronavirus;
- food distribution stakeholders, who guarantee the essential needs of consumers;
- hair salons, perfume stores and drugstores, who are particularly exposed to the economic crisis resulting from the epidemic;
- NGOs who are committed to help people in need.
Globally L’Oreal’s Coronavirus Solidarity Program started as early as March 2020 with Bulgaria being included at the earliest possible stage in May 2020 when the first batch of hand gel donations arrived and when their lack on the mass market made them the most valuable good globally. The project becomes part of L’Oreal For the Future sustainability program as L’Oreal is is committed to continue it as long as needed for the fight against coronavirus to have a positive outcome.
2020 was a remarkably difficult year. As a socially responsible company L’Oreal was among the first to join the fight against COVID-19 by launching a Europe-wide Coronavirus Solidarity Program, including in Bulgaria. As part of it, L’Oreal Bulgaria donated nearly 15 000 hygiene products of BGN 80 000 in value to the Bulgarian Red Cross as part of the national campaign “Together against Coronavirus”. The donation consisted of hand gels and various mass cosmetic products for essential needs like shampoos, deodorants, and lotions.
The donation was distributed among local communities affected by the pandemic situation in Bulgaria:
- the purifying gels among Bulgarian medical staff around the country, dedicated to infectious diseases treatment.
- the cosmetic products of essential need were delivered to help the underprivileged follow the recommended precautions, combat the virus and withstand the consequences of the epidemic.
Through these actions, L’Oreal Bulgaria expressed its recognition, support and solidarity towards those who are demonstrating extraordinary courage and selflessness in their efforts to combat the pandemic in Bulgaria and supported the most vulnerable.
Throughout 2020, L’Oreal Bulgaria donated nearly 15 000 hygiene products to stakeholders all over the country at the front-line in the fight against COVID-19. For this purpose, it partnered with the Bulgarian Red Cross who distributed the products among dozens of hospitals, care homes and thousands of other people in need both in the capital and in other cities and villages.