Sustaining of all environmental policies and initiatives regardless of the business uncertainty. The company has invested in its CSR strategy instead of limiting them. This was both the strategic decision and accepted challenge and opportunity to prove that such extraordinary conditions are the best test for the sustainability of our socially responsible commitments. It was also a test of the trust of employees, customers, and society as a whole.
We have added to our strategic priorities like environmental protection our understanding that enhancement of environmental health is a critical component for the improvement of the overall public well-being and sustainability as well as for economic recovery.
Project Target Group
Our program for environmental protection and environmental health improvement includes activities and collaboration with different target groups. At a strategic level these are our leadership team and shareholders;on strategy execution- the company's employees and our suppliers. External target groups in their two roles - users of the results and participants in the activities include customers,suppliers,partners,media. Engagement with NGO and support of green initiatives of other organizations.
The program for environmental protection and environmental health is planned and implemented within 12 months terms, with activities duration of 3 to 12 months. Our "Buyback" service aimed at promoting responsible consumption and recycling e-waste targets consumers and is active throughout the year, with targeted campaigns lasting 1 month at least 4 times a year.
1.Energy efficiency: Our actions are based on initiatives taken in recent years, which we continue to upgrade, including the installation of hybrid systems in remote base stations, without connection to the grid; hybrid systems with photovoltaic panels; installation of autonomous cooling systems to increase the network’ energy efficiency; construction of a centralized air conditioning system in the central office, to reduce the energy for heating and cooling
2. Energy from renewable resources (RES): commissioning of a mobile photovoltaic system
3. Transport: to reduce harmful gases emissions - internal structural changes and optimization, reducing the number of cars, complete renewal of the car fleet with cars with both eco mode and hybrids
4. Separate collection and recycling: control of the quantities of obsolete materials, according to the Environmental Management System, classification and control of all types of waste – the result of our activities, collection, and recycling of old accessories, electronic network equipment, electronic waste, batteries from base stations, others.; “Buyback” client program for mobile phone recycling.
5. Paper usage: paper invoices re
1. Energy efficiency:
- 18% drop in store electricity consumption, saving over 586 MWh as well as the respective CO2 emissions
- increasing data traffic network with historically highest peak values during COVID and growth of the subscribers consume more energy - there is no proportional increase in energy consumption.
2. Energy from renewable resources - 12% growth of the produced energy or 85.5 MWh
3. Transport: 12% decrease in the fuel used
4. CO2 Emissions: 8 % decline to 2026 tons
- over 7 tons of delivered electronic waste
- 1 945 kg. phones, 729 kg. batteries, 640 kg. phones batteries, 3709 kg. accessories, 58.6 tons of electronic network equipment
- 128% growth of the phones from the Buyback” program
6. Paper usage:
- 133,7 tons less than 2020