Serdika Center works together with Teach For Bulgaria to provide access to quality education for every child in Bulgaria. Our cooperation is in two directions:
1. Support of participants in the program "New Way to Teaching"
We support Teach For Bulgaria to recruit, train and develop the skills of people who want to contribute to quality education for every child in Bulgaria - education that creates a functioning economy and a healthy society.
2. Free Summer Academy for over 600 children in schools in Sofia within 3 weeks
The aim of the academy is to increase the motivation for learning of students and to improve their preparation for the studied subjects. Future teachers are specialists in various disciplines and have diverse professional experience.
Project Target Group
The work of Teach For Bulgaria foundation is not related to direct work with children, but include active work with the participants in the program "New way of teaching", who as teachers work daily with children.
During the Summer Academy, which Serdika Center supports, over 600 children in 3 schools in Sofia are reached.
Beneficiaries are all students of the teachers who teach for two years in Bulgarian schools where students have the greatest need for support.
At Serdika Center we believe that the real effect of working together with our partners is achieved when we share common values and a vision of success. We are happy to work together with Teach For Bulgaria to provide access to quality education for every child in Bulgaria. Our cooperation started in 2019. However, we see the positive change that is already happening.
The main activities under the two projects that Serdika Center supports are related to recruiting, training and supporting teachers from the program "New Way to Teaching" of Teach For Bulgaria and support for a free Summer Academy for over 600 children in three schools in Sofia. This includes:
1. Support in the implementation of a campaign of Teach For Bulgaria to recruit participants in the program
2. Support for three teachers of the program "New way in teaching" of Teach For Bulgaria
3. Support for the implementation of a free Summer Academy in Sofia
Participants in Teach For Bulgaria teach for the period of 2 years. After that, they continue to work for positive change in education by:
1. Teaching students in school to develop key skills and attitudes
2. Hold managerial positions in schools and government institutions
3. Disseminate good practices and develop expertise on various educational topics
4. Development of innovative policies for attracting and retaining the teaching profession
5. Development of resources and training of teachers for teaching skills of the XXI century, creation of professional learning communities
6. Create and develop new organizations in education