The aim of the project is to provide an opportunity for pupils and students, who are currently receiving their theoretical training to gain practical experience in a real work environment. Following a policy of close relations between business and education and its principles of contribution and commitment to society, the project "My first steps in metallurgy" promotes the professional development of young people and is a prerequisite for a successful start for future career. Young people have the opportunity to find themselves in a modern and innovative environment, and some of the practical skills associated with the unique installation of the new lead plant, cannot be learned elsewhere in the world.
Project Target Group
- Young people from the vocational high schools "Tsar Ivan Asen II" Asenovgrad, "Vocational High School of Electrical Engineering and Electronics" Plovdiv and "Vocational High School of Mechanical Engineering" Plovdiv, adults (graduates of 11th and 12th grade).
- Young people from the universities "Technical University-Sofia", Plovdiv branch and "Plovdiv University", regardless of the course of study.
July - September 2020
The internship program has been implemented for more than 10 years. It was initially aimed at students from vocational high schools "Tsar Ivan Asen II". Two years ago, its scope was expanded to include 2 more vocational high schools and 2 universities.
The project is held annually, within 3 months: July-September.
- Start of the campaign - participation in career forums, etc.;
- Document processing and selection;
- Administration - employment contracts, conducting training, etc.;
- Preparation of individual plans with goals, related to the acquisition of new knowledge and skills;
- Practice. Introduction to the real work process;
- Conducting a final interview and feedback;
The project "My first steps in Metallurgy" is recognizable among young people in Plovdiv and the region. In addition to practical skills, during the program participants learn valuable work habits, and this brings positives for a better labor market as a whole. Interns are equal participants in the working life of the company. Their length of service is considered to be labor and insurance, along with the remuneration they benefit from all social benefits, that the company provides to its employees. They enjoy preferences when they decide to apply for a job at KCM AD. The fresh energy and enthusiasm, that trainees and interns bring during their stay, inspires the teams in the company.